Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Sunday, March 16, 2014

#SundaySnippet - Kahleena MacCarthy


This is from To Meet a Highlander - Zarik (currently with publisher)

To see the entire linky list of Sunday Snippets this week go here http://mizging.blogspot.com/2014/03/sunday-snippet-by-ginger-simpson_9.html






Once she realized that Zarik did love her, albeit in his own way, she became happier than she'd ever been. Once in a while she thought of her brother, but somewhere inside, she knew he survived.
            Stretching out beside her, Zarik rubbed her ever growing stomach. “Not too much longer, aye? Our son will be here in no time.”
            “And what if it's a girl?”
            “I shall love her as well, but dinnae be giving her any crazy ideas. She'll no be playing with swords.”
            “Would you not want her to be able to defend herself?”
            Zarik knew there was no way to save himself from this argument. Instead he decided to tell her what he'd known for a very long time – in words she could understand. “Tsarina,” he waited until her eyes met his, “I love ye, lass. I have for a verra long time.”

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this "verra verra much". Thank you for being a participant in Sunday Snippets. I'm hoping to make this a weekly event, so I really appreciate you signing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. I'm going to try to make rounds and visit everyone this week,

      Delete
  2. I love the new look :) Also great six. I hope they hurry and get this released for you. I'm dying for a look at book two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, the waiting is killing me and I've barely worked on the rest of the series in anticipation.

      Delete
  3. Great snippet. I love a good Scottish (or Irish) historical. Looking forward to the release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scottish heroes...mmm mmm.. Thanks for sharing! Great Six! Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taryn. Who can refuse a guy in a kilt?

      Delete