Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Monday, April 14, 2014

#IQuit ~ Knowing When to Give Up


How do you know when to quit? To just give up?

First, I have a number of series books in progress. 5 to be exact. Three are Highlander, one is Viking, and one other series (I haven't shared any information about). And two stand alone books that I haven't talked much about. All are historical.

The idea was to try to release a series book (from the first three series) at one per year until they were done, working in one of the stand alone books every two to three years as time allowed. Then adding in the other two series as the first three ended.

After that, there wasn't much of a plan.

However, I've submitted to SIX publishers. With, to this date, FIVE rejections. No one says why, other than it's just not a fit at this time (some leave no feedback at all, just a simple "declined"). I should hear from the last publisher within the next 8-12 weeks.

If they don't want it, there's likely not much point in moving forward. Or do I can this series and try out one of the others?

I know rejection is part of the business. But I don't want to submit to new online publishers - so many of them, you don't even know who owns them and they're so difficult to check out. Plus it seems that with many, gossips abound. I just want to write - I don't want to be a part of any type of drama.

While I don't have the best social media presence, I have been working on it since I knew it would be needed. I don't know if this factors in to publish or not to publish decisions.

In the end, I guess it's a great thing I didn't quit my regular job.

No comments:

Post a Comment