Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Another One Bites The Dust - #Manuscript #Rejection #SelfPublish #Indie

It's been a long road. I began submitting my book 1 to publishers the very beginning of January 2014. Now that I've had 7 rejections, I imagine that I'm quite done.

I'd make the suggested changes from other publishers and submit to new ones. However, this last one was likely the kindest rejection I'd been given. They stated there was not enough sex (I'd cut out sex due to two publishers saying I had too much lol). They did also mention:
" I loved your plot"
"You have a wonderful, evocative voice and I love the development between Tsarina and Zarik and the authenticity of the Scottish language..."

But honestly, where do I go from here? If it's been rejected 7 times, evidently I shouldn't self-publish. Or do I try it out and see what happens since no one actually hated the manuscript or said it was poorly written.

Do I trash the whole MS or dive in and try to self-publish?

1 comment:

  1. My 2 cents, self publish. You can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete